New A.C. casino hotel geared toward low rollers
ATLANTIC CITY, N.J. - March 19, 2012 (WPVI) -- Some casinos in Atlantic City and elsewhere do everything they can to attract high rollers. But now there's a casino for the low roller - no kidding.
Calling itself "the casino for the rest of us", the old Hilton at the end of the Boardwalk has changed its name to the Atlantic Club Casino Hotel, and rather than trying to attract high rollers, it is focusing on everyday customers who want the fun and excitement of gambling without going broke.
Michael Frawley of Atlantic Club Casino Hotel explains, "We offer people an alternative to have a great night out at a very reasonable price. It's not gonna break the bank."
The Atlantic Club is remodeling its casino floor and installing hundreds of brand new slot machines. 70-percent of them will be penny slots.
Toms River resident Dorothy Lenza says, "Your money lasts a little longer than the quarter machine or the dollar machine."
Gino from Endicott, New York tells us, "Love penny slots. Play all day for a little less than nothing."
Gambling chips will be as low as 25-cents, food prices at the restaurants have been cut in half and for a limited time, card members can get a hotel room for as little as $19.
Jim Gould of Pleasantville says, "I think it's wonderful that they drop it down to cater to some of the people that doesn't have a lot of money and they'd like to come out and enjoy their selves."
And unlike any other casino in town parking is now free at the Atlantic Club.
Atlantic Club says it's cutting costs but not quality. Customers will still get everything they would at any other casino but the motto now is "don't pay a lot - PLAY a lot."
Mike Reninger of Atlantic City says, "I think it'll be great the fact that people can save and enjoy and you can gamble while you're having fun and not losing a tremendous amount of money hopefully."
After struggling and nearly closing, Atlantic Club Casino Hotel is hoping in this economy its value-oriented theme will be a winner with gamblers.
atlantic city, new jersey, gambling, casinos, local/state
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysian jet 3 min ago
- Finally, a nice weekend! 31 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Bucks Co. mom arrested for Walmart theft 27 min ago
- 5 wounded and hospitalized in Trenton shooting
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Pedestrian killed in Collingdale hit-and-run
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Finally, a nice weekend!
31 min ago
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing...
3 min ago
- Police: Bucks Co. mom arrested for Walmart...
27 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos