Convicted chiropractor wants Iraqi money returned
PHILADELPHIA - March 20, 2012 (WPVI) -- A chiropractor convicted of setting the fire that destroyed his practice and three other businesses wants the federal government to return 13 million Iraqi dinar seized from his suburban Philadelphia home.
Jonathan Wiktorchik Jr. was ordered last year to spend 17 years in prison for arson and insurance fraud related to the 2008 fire in Ottsville, Bucks County.
A jury found Wiktorchik set fire to his office as an audit loomed following a conviction for health insurance fraud.
The Bucks County Courier Times reports Wiktorchik wants the government to return the Iraqi currency it seized from his home.
Federal prosecutors say the currency valued at about $11,000 is being held as part of $1.6 million in restitution.
Prosecutors and Wiktorchik's attorney plan to meet to discuss the issue.
Information from: Bucks County Courier Times, http://www.phillyburbs.com
pennsylvania, bucks county, philadelphia, fraud, local/state
- Malaysian leader: plane's disappearance deliberate
- Breezy And Mild!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2 couples robbed at gunpoint in North Philly
- Fire forces 11 people from their homes
- Driver crashes SUV into pole in East Falls, DUI suspected
- 3 people injured in Roosevelt Boulevard crash 30 min ago
- Renovation competitors fight at Phila. fire scenes
- Moving day for Oak Lane Garden residents
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
- 100 plus weight loss journey to healthy living
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos