Convicted chiropractor wants Iraqi money returned
PHILADELPHIA - March 20, 2012 (WPVI) -- A chiropractor convicted of setting the fire that destroyed his practice and three other businesses wants the federal government to return 13 million Iraqi dinar seized from his suburban Philadelphia home.
Jonathan Wiktorchik Jr. was ordered last year to spend 17 years in prison for arson and insurance fraud related to the 2008 fire in Ottsville, Bucks County.
A jury found Wiktorchik set fire to his office as an audit loomed following a conviction for health insurance fraud.
The Bucks County Courier Times reports Wiktorchik wants the government to return the Iraqi currency it seized from his home.
Federal prosecutors say the currency valued at about $11,000 is being held as part of $1.6 million in restitution.
Prosecutors and Wiktorchik's attorney plan to meet to discuss the issue.
Information from: Bucks County Courier Times, http://www.phillyburbs.com
pennsylvania, bucks county, philadelphia, fraud, local/state
- More Snow on the Way
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Winter storm forecast maps
- 2 arrested for violent Center City attack
- Thief steals $17K from Philadelphia charter school
- Teen shot in Wilmington 29 min ago
- Man who bought guns for teen sentenced
- ID released of man killed on Pa. Turnpike
- Princeton begins meningitis B vaccinations
- US Airways, American merger complete
- Study: Child an hour injured on high chairs
- Rachael Ray's cookbook competition