Pregnant woman rescued from Wissahickon Creek
FAIRMOUNT PARK - March 20, 2012 (WPVI) -- A pregnant woman became trapped after falling next to the Wissahickon Creek in Fairmount Park late Tuesday morning.
Firefighters were called around 11:30 a.m. to where the Wissahickon Creek runs under Ridge Avenue, across the street from the Wissahickon Transportation Center in Manayunk.
The woman fell into the creek as shallow section of the creek and suffered a leg injury. Her injury prevented her from climbing the steep rocks back to the trail. Crews, however, were able to take a boat across the creek and guide her to safety.
The woman was transported to the hospital for treatment and is listed in stable condition.
rescue, fairmount park, philadelphia, local/state
- Montco DA: Drug ring targeted schools; 8 arrested 15 min ago
- Sunny today, more clouds tomorrow
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Package prompts evac at Del. National Guard base 24 min ago
- Skydiver in fatal South Jersey accident ID'd
- Photos: Pictures from NJ skydiving accident
- Woman's body found in Pa. excavation storage site
- Medical chopper called to crash on Route 55 11 min ago
- Jogger helps rescue man from Schuylkill River 9 min ago
- American Meb Keflezighi wins Boston Marathon 11 min ago
- Surveillance expected from Target heist
- Teen stowaway survives flight in landing gear
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!