Pregnant woman rescued from Wissahickon Creek
FAIRMOUNT PARK - March 20, 2012 (WPVI) -- A pregnant woman became trapped after falling next to the Wissahickon Creek in Fairmount Park late Tuesday morning.
Firefighters were called around 11:30 a.m. to where the Wissahickon Creek runs under Ridge Avenue, across the street from the Wissahickon Transportation Center in Manayunk.
The woman fell into the creek as shallow section of the creek and suffered a leg injury. Her injury prevented her from climbing the steep rocks back to the trail. Crews, however, were able to take a boat across the creek and guide her to safety.
The woman was transported to the hospital for treatment and is listed in stable condition.
rescue, fairmount park, philadelphia, local/state
- Police: Delco 2nd grade teacher groped 2 girls
- AccuWeather: Thunderstorms possible today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Health officials: Drexel student died from meningitis 5 min ago
- DeCoatsworth seeks to withdraw guilty plea 11 min ago
- Mistrial declared in Philly priest sex-abuse case 3 min ago
- 2 dead after building explosion in New York City
- Skippack student hospitalized with meningitis infection
- Phila. cop charged with false imprisonment
- Fatal house fire in Coatesville, Chester County
- NJ teen who sued parents returns home
- Pa. state senator charged with misuse of office
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm