Pregnant woman rescued from Wissahickon Creek
FAIRMOUNT PARK - March 20, 2012 (WPVI) -- A pregnant woman became trapped after falling next to the Wissahickon Creek in Fairmount Park late Tuesday morning.
Firefighters were called around 11:30 a.m. to where the Wissahickon Creek runs under Ridge Avenue, across the street from the Wissahickon Transportation Center in Manayunk.
The woman fell into the creek as shallow section of the creek and suffered a leg injury. Her injury prevented her from climbing the steep rocks back to the trail. Crews, however, were able to take a boat across the creek and guide her to safety.
The woman was transported to the hospital for treatment and is listed in stable condition.
rescue, fairmount park, philadelphia, local/state
- Cab driver shot outside Hunting Park nightclub
- Wintry Weekend 59 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Man critically injured in Camden County crash
- 4 shot outside Delaware nightclub
- More of US expected to see snow, sleet, ice
- Pearl Harbor ceremonies marks bombing anniversary
- Teacher says he was fired because he is gay
- 2nd suspect surrenders in Christmas package theft
- Temple University cuts 7 intercollegiate sports
- Residents displaced after high-rise fire
- NKorea says it deported US tourist and war vet
- Victim ID'd in deadly Wilmington hit-and-run
- Wintry Weekend
59 min ago