Warrington police ID motorcyclist killed in crash
WARRINGTON, Pa. - March 22, 2012 (WPVI) -- A motorcyclist is dead after an accident involving a school bus in Bucks County this afternoon.
At 3:32 p.m. Thursday, the Warrington Township Police Department responded to Limekiln Pike (Rt. 152) and Belmont Drive for a report of a vehicle accident involving a school bus and motorcycle.
Preliminary investigation indicates the school bus was traveling south on Limekiln Pike and initiated a left turn into Belmont Drive.
The bus did have students returning home from school onboard.
Police say the motorcycle was traveling north on Limekiln Pike and struck the right side of the bus near the door area.
The motorcyclist, identified as 27-year-old Justin Landis of North Wales, was pronounced dead at the scene.
No other injuries were reported.
The bus driver has been identified as 51-year-old Patricia Staman of Chalfont, Pa.
The accident is being still under investigation.
Anyone having information about the accident or the operation of the vehicles prior to the accident is asked to contact the Warrington Township Police Department at 215-343-3311.
Limekiln Pike was closed to traffic for approximately four hours.
The following police departments/agencies assisted at the scene: Montgomery Township Police Department, New Britain Township Police Department, Plumstead Township Police Department, Warrington Township Auxiliary Police, Warrington Township Fire Company, Warrington Ambulance Corps, Bucks County Coroner's Office and PennDot.
pennsylvania, bucks county, accident, motorcycles, school bus, local/state
- Traffic stop turns violent, police shoot suspect 31 min ago
- A Nice Stretch
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Get the new 6abc StormTracker app
- Mourning NJ doctor killed in murder-suicide
- Car carrier crashes into bridge in Whitemarsh Twp. 30 min ago
- Paraplegic man castrated in SW Phila. attack
- Storms bring floods to the Jersey shore
- Police: Girl used in theft at Phila. nail salon
- Tire dumping probe targets Wilmington shop
- Video: Incredible footage of wrong-way bus crash
- $325,000 Cash 5 ticket sold in Philadelphia
- Death investigation leads police to home of Patriots TE 18 min ago
- James, Heat push NBA Finals to Game 7 12 min ago
- Traffic stop turns violent, police shoot...
31 min ago
- Car carrier crashes into bridge in...
30 min ago