Warrington police ID motorcyclist killed in crash
WARRINGTON, Pa. - March 22, 2012 (WPVI) -- A motorcyclist is dead after an accident involving a school bus in Bucks County this afternoon.
At 3:32 p.m. Thursday, the Warrington Township Police Department responded to Limekiln Pike (Rt. 152) and Belmont Drive for a report of a vehicle accident involving a school bus and motorcycle.
Preliminary investigation indicates the school bus was traveling south on Limekiln Pike and initiated a left turn into Belmont Drive.
The bus did have students returning home from school onboard.
Police say the motorcycle was traveling north on Limekiln Pike and struck the right side of the bus near the door area.
The motorcyclist, identified as 27-year-old Justin Landis of North Wales, was pronounced dead at the scene.
No other injuries were reported.
The bus driver has been identified as 51-year-old Patricia Staman of Chalfont, Pa.
The accident is being still under investigation.
Anyone having information about the accident or the operation of the vehicles prior to the accident is asked to contact the Warrington Township Police Department at 215-343-3311.
Limekiln Pike was closed to traffic for approximately four hours.
The following police departments/agencies assisted at the scene: Montgomery Township Police Department, New Britain Township Police Department, Plumstead Township Police Department, Warrington Township Auxiliary Police, Warrington Township Fire Company, Warrington Ambulance Corps, Bucks County Coroner's Office and PennDot.
pennsylvania, bucks county, accident, motorcycles, school bus, local/state
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery 45 min ago
- Temps Soar 59 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Quick moving blaze damages house in West Philly 28 min ago
- 1 dead after car plunges into lake in Vineland
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet? 5 min ago
- Philadelphia Police search for missing 2-year-old boy
- Attempted child luring in Newtown, Bucks County
- Video: Remembering a wife/mother lost to cancer
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Temps Soar
59 min ago
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery
45 min ago
- Quick moving blaze damages house in West...
28 min ago