Three injured in crash on I-495 in Delaware
WILMINGTON, Del. - March 26, 2012 (WPVI) -- Three people had to be rescued from a car after a crash involving a tractor-trailer on I-495 in Wilmington, Delaware.
The wreck happened around 4:00 a.m. Monday on northbound I-495, just south of the Christiana River Bridge.
Police say a jack-knifed tractor-trailer collided with a car, trapping the occupants of the car inside the vehicle.
The victims were extricated and transported to the hospital with serious, but non-life threatening injuries.
As a result of the crash, the northbound lanes of I-495 were closed between Terminal Avenue and 12th Street for a time while police conducted the investigation.
The highway has since been reopened to traffic.
The crash remains under investigation.
accident, wilmington, delaware, local/state
- 2 dead in Pennsauken doctor's office shooting 52 min ago
- Stormy to spectacular 31 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Get the new 6abc StormTracker app
- Paraplegic man castrated in SW Phila. attack
- Police: Girl used in theft at Phila. nail salon
- Chrysler recalls 2.7 million Jeeps
- Teacher charged again for indecent exposure
- Construction worker killed on way to job
- US: Unruly traveler had worked at State Department 59 min ago
- 2 sought in Rehoboth Beach credit card fraud 27 min ago
- Man accused of sexual relationship with teen niece
- $325,000 Cash 5 ticket sold in Philadelphia
- Phillies activate Carlos Ruiz from disabled list
- Stormy to spectacular
31 min ago