Girl bludgeoned by mother in Berks Co. murder/suicide
NORTH HEIDELBERG TWP., Pa. - March 26, 2012 (WPVI) -- Pennsylvania State Police say a Berks County mother killed her 11-year-old daughter then set her house on fire, killing herself.
The murder/suicide happened on Sunday at their home, located on the 2300 block of Brownsville Road in North Heidelberg Township.
According to investigators, 39-year-old Donna Evans was distraught over the breakup of romantic relationship. She then bludgeoned her daughter to death and then set her home on fire.
The daughter is identified as 11-year-old Madison Evans.
Autopsies will be performed on both individuals.
The investigation is ongoing at this time.
homicide, suicide, berks county, pennsylvania, local/state
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- Warmer Weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Overbrook shooting
- Multi-vehicle crash on Schuylkill Expressway
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- Video released of AK-47 robbery in Wynnefield
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Video: Flyers' Hartnell co-authors children's book