Del. drug investigation leads to multiple arrests
DOVER, Del. - March 26, 2012 (WPVI) -- Delaware State Police say they have arrested six people involved in a heroin distribution ring following a two month investigation in Kent County.
The first arrests took place on Thursday, March 22, as police searched the home and business of Akim Lewis, 34, and Tracy MacDonald, 36, of Camden, Delaware. The search turned up approximately 23 grams of heroin, cocaine, marijuana, a military issued rocket launcher, two shotguns, ammunition, and assorted drug paraphernalia.
Lewis was arrested and charged with drug, conspiracy, and weapons charges. Macdonald was also arrested and charged with drug and conspiracy charges.
On Friday, March 23, authorities continued their investigation at the residence of Keith Perkins. Investigators obtained the search warrant after searching several individuals seen leaving Perkin's home and finding them to be in possession of heroin. Gary Talbert, Brian Crossman, and Michael Bethard were all arrested and charged with drug and conspiracy charges.
A search through Perkins' home turned up 8 grams of heroin and 11.7 grams of marijuana. Perkins was arrested and charged with drug and conspiracy charges.
delaware, dover, drugs, marijuana, local/state
- Teacher says he was fired because he is gay
- Wintry Weekend
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 2nd suspect surrenders in Christmas package theft
- Temple University cuts 7 intercollegiate sports
- SEPTA bus strikes and kills man
- Residents displaced after high-rise fire
- Man freed from under train on Broad Street Line
- NKorea says it deported US tourist and war vet
- Victim ID'd in deadly Wilmington hit-and-run
- Video released in pizza delivery driver shooting
- Mega Million jackpot reaches $297 Million
- Elkins Park sisters treated at KoP by Make-a-Wish