Police shoot fleeing narcotics suspect
TACONY - March 26, 2012 (WPVI) -- A man is hospitalized in critical condition after being shot by police in Philadelphia's Tacony section.
The shooting happened along the 6300 block of Edmund Street around 6:15 p.m.
Police encountered a 27-year-old man during a narcotics investigation.
During the investigation, the man attempted to flee.
Police say the man tried to run over an officer and the officer discharged his weapon one time striking the suspect one time in the left side.
Medics responded and rushed the man to Aria Hospital-Torresdale Division for care.
philadelphia, tacony, shooting, police, local/state
- Missing Phila. boy hit by car in Upper Darby
- Foggy, cloudy, mild today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Pizza delivery man shot in Overbrook
- Police officer's SUV stolen with gun, badge 9 min ago
- Chester Co. firefighters called to Md. pet shop fire
- Coffins unearthed at North Philly school 21 min ago
- Attack in Center City caught on camera
- Police: Threat to father used in phone scam
- No jackets for North Philadelphia cheer squad
- Prosecutor: Sex investigation of FSU QB over
- Video: Topless woman chases peeper from Kohl's
- Video: First dog knocks down toddler at White House