Police shoot fleeing narcotics suspect
TACONY - March 26, 2012 (WPVI) -- A man is hospitalized in critical condition after being shot by police in Philadelphia's Tacony section.
The shooting happened along the 6300 block of Edmund Street around 6:15 p.m.
Police encountered a 27-year-old man during a narcotics investigation.
During the investigation, the man attempted to flee.
Police say the man tried to run over an officer and the officer discharged his weapon one time striking the suspect one time in the left side.
Medics responded and rushed the man to Aria Hospital-Torresdale Division for care.
philadelphia, tacony, shooting, police, local/state
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash 19 min ago
- AccuWeather: Tracking light snow tonight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Police: Man strikes own brother in hit and run
- Berks County man stabbed to death in Bahamas
- 2 men, sitting in SUV, shot in Chester
- Victim critical after stabbing in Frankford
- 2 women injured in Overbrook fire
- Crimea votes on Ukraine secession
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies
- Book 'em! Wilmington cop donates books to kids 51 min ago