Pa. woman gets prison in deaths of sons left alone
PITTSBURGH (AP) - March 27, 2012 (WPVI) -- A Pittsburgh-area woman will spend two to four years in state prison because her young sons died in a fire after they were left alone while she was working as an exotic dancer.
Defense attorney Blaine Jones says 28-year-old Kiaira Pollard is "contrite" and in "tremendous pain" from the deaths of her sons, 7-year-old KiDonn Pollard Ford and 4-year-old KrisDon Pollard-Williams. She was sentenced Tuesday after pleading guilty to involuntary manslaughter for leaving the boys alone in her North Versailles apartment before the fire broke out about 2:30 a.m. June 30.
Investigators say Pollard returned home during the fire and claimed to have hired a baby sitter, but investigators determined that wasn't true.
Jones says Pollard had no food and no one to watch her sons and "was doing the best she could do."
pennsylvania, pittsburgh, fire, local/state
- Video captures Laundromat robbery 5 min ago
- Turning Milder
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Cat hoarder at Grace Kelly home found guilty
- Teacher admits to sex with 4 students
- On video: Armed robber fails after KFC workers flee 29 min ago
- Holiday tips, cards stolen in East Pikeland Twp. 41 min ago
- Woman injured in incident on train tracks in Center City 37 min ago
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- Purse snatcher at Willow Grove Mall caught on camera
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed
- Woman injured in incident on train tracks...
37 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos