Police: Montgomery County sex offender raped toddler
GILBERTSVILLE, Pa. - March 28, 2012 (WPVI) -- A registered sex offender is behind bars charged with raping a toddler in Montgomery County.
Police say 41-year-old Robert Knappenberger, of Douglass Township, Montgomery County repeatedly raped a 1-year-old child.
Knappenberger is listed as a lifetime registrant on the state's Megan's Law site. WFMZ-TV reports Knappenberger was convicted in the rapes of two children, ages 2 and 4, in 1991.
Knappenberger also pleaded guilty last year to federal charges he produced child pornography. Court records say he was sentenced to 35 years in prison.
He is currently being held at Montgomery County Prison on charges including rape of a child, sexual assault and aggravated indecent assault of a child.
Knappenberger's attorney declined comment Wednesday morning.
pennsylvania, montgomery county, child sex assault, local/state
- 3 frigid days, another weekend storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- Woman killed in Germantown was Villanova prof.
- Limo driver charged in wreck that killed newlyweds
- Possible abduction caught on camera in Spring Garden
- Cab driver carjacked in South Philadelphia
- South Street area restaurants damaged, burglarized 33 min ago
- Pope Francis 'Person of the Year'; popularity surges
- Stranded family found alive in Nevada
- Fake deaf interpreter crashes Mandela memorial
- Photos: Pictures from the winter storm
- Photos: Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2013 (Photos)