Police: Montgomery County sex offender raped toddler
GILBERTSVILLE, Pa. - March 28, 2012 (WPVI) -- A registered sex offender is behind bars charged with raping a toddler in Montgomery County.
Police say 41-year-old Robert Knappenberger, of Douglass Township, Montgomery County repeatedly raped a 1-year-old child.
Knappenberger is listed as a lifetime registrant on the state's Megan's Law site. WFMZ-TV reports Knappenberger was convicted in the rapes of two children, ages 2 and 4, in 1991.
Knappenberger also pleaded guilty last year to federal charges he produced child pornography. Court records say he was sentenced to 35 years in prison.
He is currently being held at Montgomery County Prison on charges including rape of a child, sexual assault and aggravated indecent assault of a child.
Knappenberger's attorney declined comment Wednesday morning.
pennsylvania, montgomery county, child sex assault, local/state
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife 46 min ago
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man shot by off-duty cop during fight ID'd 55 min ago
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del. 30 min ago
- Police investigate 2 shootings at illegal Trenton bar 12 min ago
- Accused wedding crasher thief pleads guilty
- SEPTA, union resume talks to avoid strike
- Police step up search in deadly hit-and-run
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
- Investigators chase 'every angle' in missing jet
- Court won't hear dispute over 'boobies' bracelets
- Photos: Pictures from the 2014 Red Ball