Atlantic City Airport adds full-body scanner
EGG HARBOR TOWNSHIP, N.J. - March 28, 2012 (WPVI) -- Officials say travelers can expect a quicker security screening at Atlantic City International Airport.
The airport on Tuesday started using a full-body scanner instead of metal detectors. A second scanner will be installed in several months.
The scanner can alert Transportation Security Administration employees to explosives and nonmetal weapons. It shows a non-gender outline of a person and illuminates potential security problem areas in yellow.
Atlantic City airport redesigned the screening area to accommodate the new scanner.
new jersey, atlantic city, atlantic county, airline security, local/state
- Ocean County forest fire fully contained
- Clouds increase today, showers this evening 1 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of New Jersey forest fires
- House gutted in South Philadelphia blaze 29 min ago
- Warning about dating apps after violent crimes
- Eye doctor, daughter post bail after pot bust
- Wedding crashers apologize to bride
- Photo released of suspect in WCU indecent assault
- 1 dead after motorcycle, vehicle collide in Wilmington
- 2 attempted lurings near Upper Merion school
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: National Pretzel Day Art & Fun Facts
- Clouds increase today, showers this evening
1 min ago