Thousands without power due to transformer explosion
SOUTH PHILADELPHIA - March 28, 2012 (WPVI) -- A possible transformer explosion has resulted in a power outage for thousands of South Philadelphia residents.
Witnesses say they heard a loud noise underground at around 10:30 p.m. in the 1000 block of Tree Street.
The explosion affected around 5,000 PECO customers.
There are no reports of injuries.
philadelphia, explosion, power outage, local/state
- School Closings & Delays
- Tracking More Snow 3 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Man abducted, robbed and shot in Rhawnhurst 17 min ago
- Storm brings snowy, icy conditions to Pa., NJ
- 1 dead, 50+ vehicles involved in Pa. Turnpike crashes
- Nearly 1 foot of snow in parts of Delaware
- Video: Snow-lovers sled down Art Museum steps
- Video: Time lapse of snow at the Linc
- Eagles beat Lions 34-20 in the snow
- Video: Phila. students dig out cars stuck in slush
- Video: Widener U. track team helps stuck drivers
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- Tracking More Snow
3 min ago
- Katherine Scott reports on the storm...
23 min ago
- John Rawlins reports from Cherry Hill on...
16 min ago
- Man abducted, robbed and shot in Rhawnhurst
17 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos