Coroner: Pa. man found shot on couch was killed
ALLENTOWN, Pa. - March 29, 2012 (WPVI) -- Authorities in eastern Pennsylvania say the death of a man found on his couch with a gunshot wound to the head a year ago has been ruled a homicide.
The (Allentown) Morning Call says the March 2011 death of 46-year-old Michael Steckel was initially believed to be a suicide.
But Northampton County Corner Zachary Lysek says the death was ruled a homicide two weeks ago.
Police said in a sworn statement that the gun was two or three inches away, while most gun suicides are contact wounds.
District Attorney John Morganelli says the case will likely be heard by a grand jury to be chosen Thursday.
He says no arrests have been made in the slaying, which is being investigated by state police and Moore Township officers.
Information from: The Morning Call, http://www.mcall.com
pennsylvania, allentown, lehigh county, shooting, homicide, local/state
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Finally, a nice weekend!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysian jet 57 min ago
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar 3 min ago
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Pedestrian ID'd in fatal Collingdale hit-and-run
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing...
57 min ago
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
3 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos