30-inch water main break in Germantown
GERMANTOWN - March 30, 2012 (WPVI) -- The Water Department was called to the scene of a 30-inch water main break in Germantown that left multiple streets closed.
It happened shortly after 12 noon Friday at the intersection of West Chelten and Pulaski avenues.
It is not yet clear how many residents were affected.
Due to the emergency repair work, Chelten Avenue was closed between Morris Street and Wayne Avenue. Pulaski Avenue was also closed between School House Lane and Rittenhouse Street.
All roads have since re-opened.
Still no word what sparked the break.
pennsylvania, philadelphia, germantown, water main break, local/state
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Warmer Weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested 52 min ago
- SEPTA spreads holiday cheer with toy drive
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Fmr. Montco GOP chairman to stand trial for rape
- Pa. Turnpike reopens after multi-vehicle crash
- Dealer charged with selling Sandy damaged cars
- Bishop McDevitt HS student robbed at gunpoint
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ 42 min ago
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ
42 min ago