30-inch water main break in Germantown
GERMANTOWN - March 30, 2012 (WPVI) -- The Water Department was called to the scene of a 30-inch water main break in Germantown that left multiple streets closed.
It happened shortly after 12 noon Friday at the intersection of West Chelten and Pulaski avenues.
It is not yet clear how many residents were affected.
Due to the emergency repair work, Chelten Avenue was closed between Morris Street and Wayne Avenue. Pulaski Avenue was also closed between School House Lane and Rittenhouse Street.
All roads have since re-opened.
Still no word what sparked the break.
pennsylvania, philadelphia, germantown, water main break, local/state
- Photos: Maps of Monday's expected snow
- Snow likely Sunday into Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Renovation competitors fight at Phila. fire scenes
- Moving day for Oak Lane Garden residents
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
- 1 critical after being shot multiple times in Wilmington
- 100 plus weight loss journey to healthy living
- Boyd Theatre to be demolished, rebuilt
- Phila. Police search for suspect in Rite Aid robbery
- Missing plane: Piracy theory gains more credence
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police