Victim killed in Phila. police chase ID'd
PHILADELPHIA - April 1, 2012 (WPVI) -- Action News has learned the identity of the man killed when a suspect sent police on a chase throughout Philadelphia.
The chase ended in a crash that killed one person and injured two others, including a small child.
The deceased victim was identified Sunday as 36-year-old Danny Irizarry Roman.
Friends and family of the three victims in Friday night's fatal police pursuit gathered at 10th and Ontario Sunday afternoon to remember Danny Roman.
Roman was killed after Gregory Alston allegedly smashed into them while trying to elude police.
"We are always going to remember him," said Jose Rodriguez. "Someone like him is difficult to forget."
Also injured were Roman's girlfriend and young son, identified by relatives as Jenny and Jaedan Santiago.
The young mother remains at Temple University Hospital, and her son at St. Christopher's. Both are expected to survive.
"We praying for her, that she'll get better and get back out here," said Felix Rodriguez.
Chopper 6 HD captured the pursuit.
Police say they pulled over Alston for a traffic violation. When an officer asked for his license, he allegedly responded by producing a handgun and sped off.
The pursuit lasted nearly 20 minutes and stretched over four sections of the city.
Alston faces a list of charges including murder, involuntary manslaughter, and aggravated assault, among other offenses.
pennsylvania, philadelphia, local/state, chad pradelli
- 2 dead in police involved shootings
- Very unsettled Thursday
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Video shows assault rifle shooting at strip club
- AG: 29 New Jersey bars swapped top-shelf liquor
- Faith-healing couple charged in son's death
- Surveillance released in fatal Camden shooting
- Names of 16 Okla. tornado victims released
- Brutal attack in London heightens terror fears
- Man shot to death while questioned in Boston probe
- 4 Americans killed since 2009 in US drone strikes
- Finding the perfect bra
- OTRC: Critics' Choice Television Awards nominees