Taylor Swift's NJ date for ACM Awards hospitalized
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) - March 31, 2012 (WPVI) -- The New Jersey teen who is fighting cancer and scored a date with Taylor Swift to The Academy of Country Music Awards is in the hospital and won't make the show.
A Facebook post Saturday says 18-year-old Kevin McGuire was admitted to the hospital Friday night and can't keep his date with Swift. It was not clear why McGuire was hospitalized.
"Just talked to Kevin McGuire," Swift said in a tweet. "He's not well enough to join me at the ACMs. Please keep him in your thoughts. I'll make it up to you, Kevin!"
Swift asked the Somerdale, N.J., resident to Sunday's ACMs after his sister started a campaign to get her to attend his prom. The reigning ACM entertainer of the year couldn't make the prom, but offered to go on the date instead.
taylor swift, new jersey, cancer, music, local/state
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall
- Milder Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- 1 wounded in daytime shooting in Trenton 48 min ago
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat
- Man, 22, dies after shooting in Chester
- Video: Annual Phila. Flower Show wraps up
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ