Dover casino dealer accused of gaming chip theft
DOVER, Del. (AP) - April 1, 2012 (WPVI) -- A woman working as a craps dealer at the Dover Downs Hotel & Casino has been arrested after the casino's video surveillance allegedly captured her stealing gaming chips.
Gina A. Savinell of Smyrna is facing a series of charges including three counts of felony theft greater than $1,500. She was arrested Wednesday.
Kimberly Chandler of the Delaware Department of Safety and Homeland Security says police detectives were called in after chips were unaccounted for following Savinell's shift. When police searched Savinell's locker, they discovered heroin and cash.
Chandler says detectives got a warrant to search the 37-year-old's home and found additional drugs and gaming chips. Savinell's husband is also facing drug and other charges.
delaware, dover, theft, casinos, local/state
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- Warmer Weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Overbrook shooting
- Multi-vehicle crash on Schuylkill Expressway
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- Video released of AK-47 robbery in Wynnefield
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Video: Flyers' Hartnell co-authors children's book