Dover casino dealer accused of gaming chip theft
DOVER, Del. (AP) - April 1, 2012 (WPVI) -- A woman working as a craps dealer at the Dover Downs Hotel & Casino has been arrested after the casino's video surveillance allegedly captured her stealing gaming chips.
Gina A. Savinell of Smyrna is facing a series of charges including three counts of felony theft greater than $1,500. She was arrested Wednesday.
Kimberly Chandler of the Delaware Department of Safety and Homeland Security says police detectives were called in after chips were unaccounted for following Savinell's shift. When police searched Savinell's locker, they discovered heroin and cash.
Chandler says detectives got a warrant to search the 37-year-old's home and found additional drugs and gaming chips. Savinell's husband is also facing drug and other charges.
delaware, dover, theft, casinos, local/state
- Search for missing college student from Collegeville
- Stray Shower, Patchy Fog Tonight
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Tornadoes level homes in Oklahoma, hit other states
- 2 alarm apartment fire in Washington Township
- Tracking down criminals with family DNA testing
- 15 motorcyclists arrested in NJ Turnpike chase
- Bear spotted in Bensalem, Bucks County
- Teen killed over iPad, 2 suspects arrested
- 2 FBI agents killed in training accident in Virginia
- 1 winning Powerball ticket sold in Florida
- Sketches released of Del. attempted abduction suspect
- OTRC: Billboard Music Awards 2013 winners list
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos