9 injured in multi-vehicle crash on I-95
NEWARK, Del. - April 1, 2012 (WPVI) -- At least nine people were injured including children in a multi-vehicle crash on I-95 in Newark, Delaware.
It happened just after 2:00 p.m. in the southbound lanes of the highway near the Newark Toll Plaza.
Police say it was a one car crash that swirled into over a half dozen other vehicles.
So far, nine people including children were injured.
The victims were transported to Christiana Hospital. No word on their conditions.
All southbound lanes of the Plaza are shutdown, including the toll lanes.
Traffic is stalled for up to five miles. The only lane getting by at this time is EZ Pass.
delaware, newark, accident, local/state
- Jersey shore eyes record-setting summer
- Rain Moves Out, Cool Winds Blow In
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Police investigate 2 robberies in Montgomery Co.
- Police seek suspect in Olney sex assault
- Faith-healing couple held without bail
- Police: Woman who hit teen was DUI, reading text
- Deadly crash on I-295 in Mercer County, N.J.
- Tractor trailer crash jams traffic in Chesco
- Sex offender arrested in Del. child porn bust
- Philadelphia man sentenced in shaken baby death
- 4 men sought in West Philadelphia armed robbery
- Wash. I-5 bridge collapse caused by oversize load