Winds knock down tree, power in New Castle Co.
BRANDYWINE SPRINGS - April 2, 2012 (WPVI) -- Strong winds brought down a large tree onto power lines, knocking out power to over a dozen customers in Brandywine Springs, Delaware Monday morning.
The tree came down shortly before 10:00 a.m. on the 3000 block of Faulkland Road.
A spokesperson for Delmarva Power says that wind gusts up to 30mph could have been the cause. There were 13 customers temporarily impacted on Fells Lane.
Faulkland Road remained closed while crews made repairs but has since repened Monday afternoon.
power outage, new castle county, delaware, local/state
- Snow today, heavy at times 4 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Pictures from the winter storm
- Photos: Winter storm forecast maps 54 min ago
- Video: Annie McCormick in Mobile 6 on I-76
- Video: David Henry on snow at Rittenhouse Sq.
- Video: John Rawlins on snow in E. Norriton
- Video: Nora Muchanic on snow in Trenton
- Video: Katherine Scott on snow in Delaware
- 2 corrections officers hurt in Concord Twp. crash 18 min ago
- Gunman fires shots through window, teens wounded
- Arrest made in Beats headphone murder
- Snow today, heavy at times
4 min ago