Small plane goes off runway at Philadelphia International Airport
PHILADELPHIA - April 2, 2012 (WPVI) -- A small plane that had problems with its landing gear skidded off the runway at Philadelphia International Airport.
Airport spokeswoman Victoria Lupica says it happened around 1:00 Monday afternoon.
Authorities say as the plane was touching down, it veered off the runway and onto a grassy area nearby.
Lupica says the pilot was the only person onboard and no injuries were reported.
The runway is mostly used by small planes and remained closed until around 6:00 p.m. for crews to haul away the plane.
Regular airport service was not interrupted.
The Associated Press contributed to this article.
Find out about Breaking News as it happens. Sign up for 6abc.com Breaking News Alerts.
philadelphia, philadelphia international airport, local/state
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall
- Sunny and chilly
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat 24 min ago
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- SEPTA trolley collides with taxi in West Philadelphia
- Man gets pinned under van in Logan crash
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd. 1 min ago
- Gunfire erupts on Delaware Ave. near SugarHouse Casino
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat
24 min ago