Police: Stray bullet death investigation difficult
READING, Pa. - April 3, 2012 (WPVI) -- Investigators say they're facing a difficult investigation in the death of a Pennsylvania man in his home because he wasn't found dead until more than eight hours after the shooting.
Reading police say 40-year-old Richard Kulp was killed by gunfire through a window of his home early Sunday.
Officers who responded to a report of gunfire left after they didn't immediately find shell casings or property damage. It wasn't until almost noon that neighbors saw shell casings and bullet holes in Kulp's window.
Kulp was found dead inside of gunshot wound to the chest.
Police eventually recovered a dozen shell casings they say appear to have been fired from a single handgun. They believe Kulp was killed by a stray bullet.
Police say they have no witnesses to the shooting.
reading, pennsylvania, shooting, local/state
- Derailed train car blocking road in South Coatesville
- Brisk And Cold
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Arrest in stabbing of elderly man in Egg Harbor 27 min ago
- Arrest in deadly June shooting in West Philadelphia
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del.
- Suspects caught on camera prior to car theft
- Guide dog saves blind man after subway track fall
- Girl kidnapped, freed in Reading; suspect at large
- Water main break causes river of ice in Cherry Hill
- On video: Burglars steal drugs in Hunting Park
- Tourist distracted by Facebook falls off pier
- Phila. attorney Charles Peruto, Sr. dies