Police: Stray bullet death investigation difficult
READING, Pa. - April 3, 2012 (WPVI) -- Investigators say they're facing a difficult investigation in the death of a Pennsylvania man in his home because he wasn't found dead until more than eight hours after the shooting.
Reading police say 40-year-old Richard Kulp was killed by gunfire through a window of his home early Sunday.
Officers who responded to a report of gunfire left after they didn't immediately find shell casings or property damage. It wasn't until almost noon that neighbors saw shell casings and bullet holes in Kulp's window.
Kulp was found dead inside of gunshot wound to the chest.
Police eventually recovered a dozen shell casings they say appear to have been fired from a single handgun. They believe Kulp was killed by a stray bullet.
Police say they have no witnesses to the shooting.
reading, pennsylvania, shooting, local/state
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Finally, a nice weekend!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysian jet 33 min ago
- 5 wounded and hospitalized in Trenton shooting
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Pedestrian ID'd in fatal Collingdale hit-and-run
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing...
33 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos