Teen struck in Tacony hit-and-run identified
TACONY - April 4, 2012 (WPVI) -- Action News has learned the name of the teenager who is in critical condition after being struck in a hit-and-run in the Tacony section of Philadelphia.
The victim is 17-year-old David Silva, who was struck around 10:30 p.m. Tuesday at the intersection of Tyson Avenue and Ditman Street.
"We just heard a terrible thump and I said to my husband 'Oh my God, it must be another terrible accident,'" said witness Lisa Maglio.
Maglio and her husband rushed out their front door and saw Silva bloody and convulsing on Tyson Avenue. His bicycle was lodged underneath a parked vehicle.
"I just brought the towel over and we stayed with him and my neighbor was holding his hands, talking to him, but he wasn't responding," said Maglio.
Investigators don't yet have a make or model of the striking vehicle, only that It's a dark colored car with tinted windows.
Silva lives just a mile from the scene. He remains in critical condition at Aria Health - Frankford.
Anyone with information is asked contact the Philadelphia Police Department at 215-686-TIPS (8477) or at phillypolice.com.
accident, hit and run, tacony, philadelphia, local/state
- 1 winning Powerball ticket sold in Florida 15 min ago
- AccuWeather: Damp and cooler
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Woman faces DUI charges after NE Phila. crash
- Water main break forces evacuation of Fishtown bar
- Bicyclist struck in Kensington DUI crash
- Former Philadelphia hero cop faces rape charges
- Probe into Conn. train crash giving way to cleanup 55 min ago
- Philly to Newark flight forced to make belly landing
- Up to 60 injured after car drives into Va. parade
- Hofstra student killed by police during break-in 45 min ago
- American Cancer Society celebrates 100 years
- OTRC: Billboard Music Awards 2013 nominees list
- 1 winning Powerball ticket sold in Florida
15 min ago