Teen struck in Tacony hit-and-run identified
TACONY - April 4, 2012 (WPVI) -- Action News has learned the name of the teenager who is in critical condition after being struck in a hit-and-run in the Tacony section of Philadelphia.
The victim is 17-year-old David Silva, who was struck around 10:30 p.m. Tuesday at the intersection of Tyson Avenue and Ditman Street.
"We just heard a terrible thump and I said to my husband 'Oh my God, it must be another terrible accident,'" said witness Lisa Maglio.
Maglio and her husband rushed out their front door and saw Silva bloody and convulsing on Tyson Avenue. His bicycle was lodged underneath a parked vehicle.
"I just brought the towel over and we stayed with him and my neighbor was holding his hands, talking to him, but he wasn't responding," said Maglio.
Investigators don't yet have a make or model of the striking vehicle, only that It's a dark colored car with tinted windows.
Silva lives just a mile from the scene. He remains in critical condition at Aria Health - Frankford.
Anyone with information is asked contact the Philadelphia Police Department at 215-686-TIPS (8477) or at phillypolice.com.
accident, hit and run, tacony, philadelphia, local/state
- Nelson Mandela dies at age 95 19 min ago
- Foggy, cloudy, mild today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Nelson Mandela: Through the years 37 min ago
- Fmr. Marine's murder suspect held on $2M bail
- Photos: 21 suspects ID'd in Collingdale drug sweep
- Missing mom, baby from Newark, Del. found
- Sinkhole opens up on Northern Liberties street 7 min ago
- Christmas decoration theft caught on camera
- Attorney: Winston relieved no charges in sex case
- Pizza delivery man shot in Overbrook 6 min ago
- Missing Phila. boy hit by car in Upper Darby
- Chester Co. firefighters called to Md. pet shop fire