Teen struck in Tacony hit-and-run identified
TACONY - April 4, 2012 (WPVI) -- Action News has learned the name of the teenager who is in critical condition after being struck in a hit-and-run in the Tacony section of Philadelphia.
The victim is 17-year-old David Silva, who was struck around 10:30 p.m. Tuesday at the intersection of Tyson Avenue and Ditman Street.
"We just heard a terrible thump and I said to my husband 'Oh my God, it must be another terrible accident,'" said witness Lisa Maglio.
Maglio and her husband rushed out their front door and saw Silva bloody and convulsing on Tyson Avenue. His bicycle was lodged underneath a parked vehicle.
"I just brought the towel over and we stayed with him and my neighbor was holding his hands, talking to him, but he wasn't responding," said Maglio.
Investigators don't yet have a make or model of the striking vehicle, only that It's a dark colored car with tinted windows.
Silva lives just a mile from the scene. He remains in critical condition at Aria Health - Frankford.
Anyone with information is asked contact the Philadelphia Police Department at 215-686-TIPS (8477) or at phillypolice.com.
accident, hit and run, tacony, philadelphia, local/state
- Photos: AccuWeather Maps: Snow arrives
- Snow will turn the ground white again!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Woman, 98, injured in Powelton high-rise fire
- Mike Schmidt reveals skin cancer battle
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator
- Crimeans vote to leave Ukraine, join Russia
- March Madness: Villanova, St. Joe's, UDel all in
- Delaware man suspected in 14 different thefts
- NJ salon customer allegedly attacks employees
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash
- Book 'em! Wilmington cop donates books to kids