Teen struck in Tacony hit-and-run identified
TACONY - April 4, 2012 (WPVI) -- Action News has learned the name of the teenager who is in critical condition after being struck in a hit-and-run in the Tacony section of Philadelphia.
The victim is 17-year-old David Silva, who was struck around 10:30 p.m. Tuesday at the intersection of Tyson Avenue and Ditman Street.
"We just heard a terrible thump and I said to my husband 'Oh my God, it must be another terrible accident,'" said witness Lisa Maglio.
Maglio and her husband rushed out their front door and saw Silva bloody and convulsing on Tyson Avenue. His bicycle was lodged underneath a parked vehicle.
"I just brought the towel over and we stayed with him and my neighbor was holding his hands, talking to him, but he wasn't responding," said Maglio.
Investigators don't yet have a make or model of the striking vehicle, only that It's a dark colored car with tinted windows.
Silva lives just a mile from the scene. He remains in critical condition at Aria Health - Frankford.
Anyone with information is asked contact the Philadelphia Police Department at 215-686-TIPS (8477) or at phillypolice.com.
accident, hit and run, tacony, philadelphia, local/state
- School Closings & Delays
- Snow walloping Philadelphia area
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Man abducted, robbed and shot in Rhawnhurst 14 min ago
- Storm brings snowy, icy conditions to Pa., NJ
- 1 dead, 50+ vehicles involved in Pa. Turnpike crashes
- Nearly 1 foot of snow in parts of Delaware
- Video: Snow-lovers sled down Art Museum steps
- Video: Time lapse of snow at the Linc
- Eagles beat Lions 34-20 in the snow
- Video: Phila. students dig out cars stuck in slush
- Video: Widener U. track team helps stuck drivers
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos