2 killed in New Castle Co. motorcycle crash
BEAR, Del. - April 5, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police are investigating a crash involving a motorcycle which resulted in the death of two people in New Castle County, Delaware.
Police say it was around 9:30 p.m. Wednesday when 20-year-old Ty Whitaker was traveling northbound on DE Route 72 approaching the intersection of Porter Road in Bear.
When Whitaker reached the intersection he attempted to make a left turn onto westbound Porter Road. The front right of his 1999 Honda Accord was then struck by a 2007 Harley Davidson motorcycle traveling southbound on Route 72.
The operator and passenger were thrown from the motorcycle and landed in the roadway. Both were pronounced dead at the scene.
The operator of the motorcycle is identified as 45-year-old Marvin B. Albert of Bear, Delaware. The 29-year-old passenger is identified as Kaitlin E. Brown.
Whitaker was not injured.
The investigation is ongoing. No charges have been filed.
accident, motorcycles, delaware, local/state
- 7-alarm fire destroys homes in Sea Isle City
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- 76ers owner Harris calls 19-win season 'success'
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- Bride gets help after banquet closes
- Worth the wait: Easter treats in Philadelphia
- Miley Cyrus still hospitalized, postpones Philly show 30 min ago