2 killed in New Castle Co. motorcycle crash
BEAR, Del. - April 5, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police are investigating a crash involving a motorcycle which resulted in the death of two people in New Castle County, Delaware.
Police say it was around 9:30 p.m. Wednesday when 20-year-old Ty Whitaker was traveling northbound on DE Route 72 approaching the intersection of Porter Road in Bear.
When Whitaker reached the intersection he attempted to make a left turn onto westbound Porter Road. The front right of his 1999 Honda Accord was then struck by a 2007 Harley Davidson motorcycle traveling southbound on Route 72.
The operator and passenger were thrown from the motorcycle and landed in the roadway. Both were pronounced dead at the scene.
The operator of the motorcycle is identified as 45-year-old Marvin B. Albert of Bear, Delaware. The 29-year-old passenger is identified as Kaitlin E. Brown.
Whitaker was not injured.
The investigation is ongoing. No charges have been filed.
accident, motorcycles, delaware, local/state
- Suspects tie up 71-year-old in home invasion
- Bitter Blast Thursday
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Worker shocked by electrical cable in East Falls
- Bandit holds up TD Bank in Chestnut Hill
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed
- American University campus lockdown lifted
- Woman charged in boyfriend's heroin death
- Shooting victim drives to Broad St. police station
- Narcotic officers raid Lacey High School
- NASA: Cooling pump on space station shuts down
- Fake deaf interpreter crashes Mandela memorial
- Video: Cover Story: Can Foles break jinx?