Sotomayor to visit Penn for law school dedication
PHILADELPHIA - April 5, 2012 (WPVI) -- U.S. Supreme Court Justice Sonia Sotomayor is traveling to Philadelphia for some legal conversation and a ribbon-cutting.
Sotomayor will help the University of Pennsylvania open its new $34 million law school building on Thursday.
Prior to the ribbon-cutting, Sotomayor will join law school dean Michael Fitts for a talk at a campus auditorium.
The event with Sotomayor caps a week of celebrations marking the dedication of Golkin Hall, named for alumni Perry and Donna Golkin.
supreme court, university of pennsylvania, philadelphia, local/state
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysian jet
- Finally, a nice weekend!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Bucks Co. mom arrested for Walmart theft
- 5 wounded and hospitalized in Trenton shooting
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Pedestrian killed in Collingdale hit-and-run 35 min ago
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos