Sotomayor to visit Penn for law school dedication
PHILADELPHIA - April 5, 2012 (WPVI) -- U.S. Supreme Court Justice Sonia Sotomayor is traveling to Philadelphia for some legal conversation and a ribbon-cutting.
Sotomayor will help the University of Pennsylvania open its new $34 million law school building on Thursday.
Prior to the ribbon-cutting, Sotomayor will join law school dean Michael Fitts for a talk at a campus auditorium.
The event with Sotomayor caps a week of celebrations marking the dedication of Golkin Hall, named for alumni Perry and Donna Golkin.
supreme court, university of pennsylvania, philadelphia, local/state
- Coffins unearthed at North Philly school
- Temps soar above normal 11 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings 57 min ago
- Pedestrian struck and killed in Mercer County
- Kutztown coach accused of covering up teen's rape
- Man struck by SEPTA bus in Wynnefield Heights
- Attack in Center City caught on camera 50 min ago
- Police: Threat to father used in phone scam 56 min ago
- Burglary suspect nabbed by quick-thinking neighbor
- Suspect in killing of fmr. Marine surrenders
- Newtown 911 dispatcher urged callers to take cover
- Researchers: 'Fit and Fat' a myth
- Walker autopsy complete; 'Fast & Furious 7' halted
- Attack in Center City caught on camera
50 min ago
- Temps soar above normal
11 min ago