Prosecutor: Man, 63, murdered man, 73, with car
SHIP BOTTOM, N.J. - April 5, 2012 (WPVI) -- Authorities in Ocean County, New Jersey have charged a 63-year-old man with the murder of a 73-year-old man.
Police were called to West 7th Street in Ship Bottom for a report of a man struck by a motor vehicle at 7:19 p.m. Wednesday.
The county prosecutor's office said police arrived to find 73-year-old James Hunsinger lying in a driveway with serious injuries. He was taken to the hospital where he died shortly before 10:55 p.m.
Terrence O'Brien, 63, of 244 West 7th Street in Ship Bottom, was charged with murder. The prosecutor's office said O'Brien intentionally struck Hunsinger with a car.
O'Brien's bail was set at $750,000 with no 10% option.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Detective Casey Long of the Ocean County Prosecutor's Office at (732) 929-2027 or Detective Michael Nash of the Ship Bottom Police Department at (609) 494-1518.
new jersey, ocean county, homicide, local/state
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse
- Record Weekend Warmth
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk
- 1 dead after car plunges into lake in Vineland
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet?
- Philadelphia Police search for missing 2-year-old boy
- Attempted child luring in Newtown, Bucks County
- Holiday tips, cards stolen in East Pikeland Twp.
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Bring old clothes to new H&M for savings