Pa. teacher admits sexual relationship with teen
EASTON, Pa. - April 6, 2012 (WPVI) -- A former Pennsylvania teacher has pleaded guilty to charges she had sex with a 17-year-old student.
Former Bangor Area High School reading teacher Rachel Farrell could face jail time when she's sentenced next month for corruption of a minor.
Farrell on Thursday admitted she had a sexual relationship with the student between August 2010 and January 2011. She was charged earlier this year.
Northampton County prosecutors say they suspect Farrell had relationships with other students but a lack of cooperation may prevent additional charges from being filed.
Defense attorney Steven Mills says the relationship was an isolated incident and mitigating information will be presented at sentencing.
pennsylvania, northampton county, teachers, sex, local/state
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- Wet to Wintry!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man charged with hoax near marathon finish line
- Moment of silence marks Boston bombings
- Bucks Co. runner set to return to Boston Marathon
- Hundreds rescued after ferry sinks near South Korea
- 20-month-old found safe, Amber Alert canceled
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp.
- Chaka Fattah Jr. files $10 million federal lawsuit
- Woman delivers baby after church van crash
- Police: Pa. man tries to snatch baby from stroller
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos