Pa. teacher admits sexual relationship with teen
EASTON, Pa. - April 6, 2012 (WPVI) -- A former Pennsylvania teacher has pleaded guilty to charges she had sex with a 17-year-old student.
Former Bangor Area High School reading teacher Rachel Farrell could face jail time when she's sentenced next month for corruption of a minor.
Farrell on Thursday admitted she had a sexual relationship with the student between August 2010 and January 2011. She was charged earlier this year.
Northampton County prosecutors say they suspect Farrell had relationships with other students but a lack of cooperation may prevent additional charges from being filed.
Defense attorney Steven Mills says the relationship was an isolated incident and mitigating information will be presented at sentencing.
pennsylvania, northampton county, teachers, sex, local/state
- Multi-vehicle crash closes EB Pa. Turnpike
- Temps Soar
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery
- Quick moving blaze damages house in West Philly
- Car plunges into lake in Vineland, victims ID'd
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet?
- Photos: Pictures of the Pa. Turnpike crash
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Woman's secret Santa turns out to be Bill Gates 11 min ago
- Temps Soar