NJ cop accused of steroid possession
CLINTON TOWNSHIP, N.J. - April 6, 2012 (WPVI) -- Authorities have arrested a police officer in New Jersey on charges of possessing an anabolic steroid without a valid prescription.
Thursday's arrest of Clinton Township Patrolman Christopher Weaver followed a two-month investigation.
The Hunterdon County Prosecutor's Office says the 31-year-old has been suspended. Weaver was released on his own recognizance and it's not known if he has retained an attorney.
Prosecutor Anthony Kearns III says the charge was the result of the officer's conduct when he was off duty.
new jersey, illegal drugs, steroids, police, local/state
- Derailed train car blocking road in South Coatesville
- Brisk And Cold 57 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Arrest in deadly June shooting in West Philadelphia
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del. 59 min ago
- Suspects caught on camera prior to car theft
- Guide dog saves blind man after subway track fall
- Girl kidnapped, freed in Reading; suspect at large
- Water main break causes river of ice in Cherry Hill
- On video: Burglars steal drugs in Hunting Park
- Husband charged with wife's murder in Bethlehem
- Tourist distracted by Facebook falls off pier
- Phila. attorney Charles Peruto, Sr. dies