NJ cop accused of steroid possession
CLINTON TOWNSHIP, N.J. - April 6, 2012 (WPVI) -- Authorities have arrested a police officer in New Jersey on charges of possessing an anabolic steroid without a valid prescription.
Thursday's arrest of Clinton Township Patrolman Christopher Weaver followed a two-month investigation.
The Hunterdon County Prosecutor's Office says the 31-year-old has been suspended. Weaver was released on his own recognizance and it's not known if he has retained an attorney.
Prosecutor Anthony Kearns III says the charge was the result of the officer's conduct when he was off duty.
new jersey, illegal drugs, steroids, police, local/state
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- Freeze Warning overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Delco man missing after leaving medical facility
- Puppy poisoned in Mantua, New Jersey
- Lehigh University suspends frat in vandalism case
- All-clear given after Liberty H.S. lockdown
- Ferry sinks off South Korea; hundreds still missing
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Wawa celebrates 50th birthday with big gifts
- Photos: Wawa celebrates 50 years
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man