Police: Pa. man beaten, killed with 12-pound weight
MAHANOY CITY, Pa. (AP) - April 7 2012 (WPVI) -- Authorities in eastern Pennsylvania say a teenager has been charged with the murder of a man beaten to death with a cast-iron window weight during a burglary.
Police in Schuylkill County arrested 18-year-old Jarvin Huggins of Mahanoy City in the slaying of 48-year-old Gene Slavinsky, who was found dead Tuesday.
Police allege that Huggins entered through a basement door, turned the electricity on and off to lure Slavinsky to the basement, struck him multiple times in the head with the iron rod and then stole numerous items and the victim's car.
Trooper Edward Lizewksi says the 12-pound window weight was found in the basement covered with blood.
Huggins remains in custody; a listed number for him could not be found and it was unclear whether he had an attorney.
pennsylvania, teens, beating, local/state
- Man critically injured in Willingboro hit, run 51 min ago
- Tracking St. Patty's Day Snow
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Malaysian leader: plane's disappearance deliberate
- Elderly woman crashes into Toms River law ofc.
- 2 couples robbed at gunpoint in North Philly
- Del. trooper charged with stalking, harassment
- Community relief for victims of Ewing Twp. explosion
- Fire forces 11 people from their homes
- Driver crashes SUV into pole in East Falls, DUI suspected
- 3 people injured in Roosevelt Boulevard crash
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies 5 min ago
- Authorities: Chris Brown arrested on warrant
- Man critically injured in Willingboro hit,...
51 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos