NJ man with nail in his heart goes home
VINELAND, N.J. - April 6, 2012 (WPVI) -- The man who shot himself in the heart with a nail gun is out of the hospital Friday night. It seems he will be home in time for Easter as he had hoped.
Cooper University Hospital released pictures showing the three and half nail embedded in Dennis Hennis' chest.
Saturday, the Vineland, New Jersey builder was working on a neighbor's roof when he accidentally shot himself.
Hennis went into cardiac arrest and needed CPR which created bigger hole in his heart.
A team of surgeons repaired the damage, and Hennis feels very lucky to be alive.
new jersey, local/state
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- Warmer Weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Overbrook shooting
- Multi-vehicle crash on Schuylkill Expressway
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- Video released of AK-47 robbery in Wynnefield
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Video: Flyers' Hartnell co-authors children's book