Prosecutor: Driver shot before car hit Camden home
CAMDEN, N.J. - April 8, 2012 (WPVI) -- Prosecutors say a driver was shot multiple times before his sport utility vehicle crashed into a Camden home this weekend, leaving him dead and a passenger wounded.
Camden County Prosecutor Warren Faulk said investigators were still working Sunday to determine a motive for the shooting, which occurred around 9:30 p.m. Saturday.
Faulk said officers responding to reports of shots fired found 29-year-old Antonio Streater of Camden inside the SUV that had struck a York Street home. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
Streater's passenger, identified only as a 31-year-old Camden man, was wounded in the shooting. But he was able to run to a nearby home and ask residents there to call 911.
Faulk said the man remained hospitalized Sunday, but further details on his condition were not disclosed.
shooting, homicide, camden, new jersey, local/state
- Search for Okla. tornado survivors nearly complete
- Steamy Situation
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Oklahoma Tornado: How to help and avoid scams
- Local search and rescue team helping in Oklahoma
- Hats get women ejected from King of Prussia Mall
- Rob Jennings to retire after 36 Years at 6abc
- Chesco man killed longtime girlfriend, police say
- Skippack student may have 'voluntarily' vanished
- Sleep monitors promise a better night's sleep
- Young and Howard lift Phillies over Marlins
- Video: Philly's new skateboard park opens
- Kellie Pickler named new DWTS champ