Prosecutor: Driver shot before car hit Camden home
CAMDEN, N.J. - April 8, 2012 (WPVI) -- Prosecutors say a driver was shot multiple times before his sport utility vehicle crashed into a Camden home this weekend, leaving him dead and a passenger wounded.
Camden County Prosecutor Warren Faulk said investigators were still working Sunday to determine a motive for the shooting, which occurred around 9:30 p.m. Saturday.
Faulk said officers responding to reports of shots fired found 29-year-old Antonio Streater of Camden inside the SUV that had struck a York Street home. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
Streater's passenger, identified only as a 31-year-old Camden man, was wounded in the shooting. But he was able to run to a nearby home and ask residents there to call 911.
Faulk said the man remained hospitalized Sunday, but further details on his condition were not disclosed.
shooting, homicide, camden, new jersey, local/state
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket 14 min ago
- Turning Milder
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Video captures Laundromat robbery
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Cat hoarder at Grace Kelly home found guilty
- Arsonist tries to torch atheist billboard in NJ 47 min ago
- Teacher admits to sex with 4 students
- On video: Armed robber fails after KFC workers flee
- Holiday tips, cards stolen in East Pikeland Twp.
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos