Prosecutor: Driver shot before car hit Camden home
CAMDEN, N.J. - April 8, 2012 (WPVI) -- Prosecutors say a driver was shot multiple times before his sport utility vehicle crashed into a Camden home this weekend, leaving him dead and a passenger wounded.
Camden County Prosecutor Warren Faulk said investigators were still working Sunday to determine a motive for the shooting, which occurred around 9:30 p.m. Saturday.
Faulk said officers responding to reports of shots fired found 29-year-old Antonio Streater of Camden inside the SUV that had struck a York Street home. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
Streater's passenger, identified only as a 31-year-old Camden man, was wounded in the shooting. But he was able to run to a nearby home and ask residents there to call 911.
Faulk said the man remained hospitalized Sunday, but further details on his condition were not disclosed.
shooting, homicide, camden, new jersey, local/state
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids 56 min ago
- Freeze Warning overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Delco man missing after leaving medical facility
- Lehigh University suspends frat in vandalism case 45 min ago
- All-clear given after Liberty H.S. lockdown
- Ferry sinks off South Korea; 6 dead, 290 missing
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man
- Burlco man charged in brother's hit-and-run death
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Made In America Festival in Philly and LA
- Photos: Royal family kicks off tour of Australia