Wildwood Police search for bank robbery suspect
WILDWOOD, N.J. - April 7, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police in Wildwood, Cape May County are hoping surveillance pictures will lead them to a bank robbery suspect.
Police say it happened just after 9:00am Friday morning at the Cape Bank in the 3100 block of New Jersey Avenue.
Police say a man, brandishing a black handgun, entered the bank and demanded cash.
He is described as a white male in his early to mid forties, approximately 6 feet tall, weighing around 180 pounds. He was wearing a red and black ski jacket with a black hood, red bandana and sunglasses. He also wore a baseball cap covered with the American flag.
He got away with an undetermined amount of cash and fled on foot.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the Wildwood Police Department at 609-522-0222.
There is a reward offered for information leading to an arrest and conviction.
bank robbery, wildwood, new jersey, local/state
- London theater partially collapses; 80 injured
- Record Weekend Warmth
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk
- Attempted child luring in Newtown, Bucks County
- Holiday tips, cards stolen in East Pikeland Twp.
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- Cat hoarder at Grace Kelly home found guilty
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Video captures Laundromat robbery
- Teacher admits to sex with 4 students
- Bring old clothes to new H&M for savings
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos