Wildwood Police search for bank robbery suspect
WILDWOOD, N.J. - April 7, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police in Wildwood, Cape May County are hoping surveillance pictures will lead them to a bank robbery suspect.
Police say it happened just after 9:00am Friday morning at the Cape Bank in the 3100 block of New Jersey Avenue.
Police say a man, brandishing a black handgun, entered the bank and demanded cash.
He is described as a white male in his early to mid forties, approximately 6 feet tall, weighing around 180 pounds. He was wearing a red and black ski jacket with a black hood, red bandana and sunglasses. He also wore a baseball cap covered with the American flag.
He got away with an undetermined amount of cash and fled on foot.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the Wildwood Police Department at 609-522-0222.
There is a reward offered for information leading to an arrest and conviction.
bank robbery, wildwood, new jersey, local/state
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids 56 min ago
- Freeze Warning overnight 54 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Trash truck overturns on Rt. 130 in Pennsauken
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- All-clear given after Liberty H.S. lockdown
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man
- Burlco man charged in brother's hit-and-run death
- Boy dies after Mayfair drowning incident
- Search for missing teenager in Camden
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Made In America Festival in Philly and LA
- Photos: Royal family kicks off tour of Australia
- Freeze Warning overnight
54 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos