$5,000 reward offered for Camden homicide
CAMDEN, N.J. - April 7, 2012 (WPVI) -- Camden Police describe the night of February 23rd like a "wild wild west" attack in the city streets.
When the gunpowder settled, a teenager was dead.
It was Thursday night February 23rd, just before 10:30pm. Witnesses reported hearing a barrage of gunfire.
When the dust settled, 19 year old Barry Alli of Stratford, Camden County, lay dead in an alley near Louis and Jackson Streets in Camden.
Two homes and three vehicles were struck in the hail of bullets.
"The crime scene was very large. There were approximately 50 shell casings recovered. Three different caliber weapons; a 45 caliber, 40 caliber and 762 caliber, which typically comes from an assault type weapon," said Detective Christopher Frucci.
Police say that area of Camden is very violent, and for that reason, witnesses are not talking for fear of retaliation.
"Unfortunately, it's hard to get people to come forward for fear of retaliation. But without their help, there is definitely, we will not be able to solve this crime," said Detective Frucci. "We need the public's help."
A $5,000 reward is being offered for information leading to an arrest and conviction.
Barry's family is hoping the reward will job memories and get people talking.
Anyone with information is asked to call the Citizens Crime Commission at 215-546-TIPS.
"You can trust that if you come forward, you will remain anonymous. Without your tips, without the public's tips, police hands will be tied," said Detective Frucci.
crimefighters, homicide, camden, new jersey, local/state
- Multi-vehicle crash closes EB Pa. Turnpike
- Temps Soar
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Volleyball coach accused sex with student 26 min ago
- Shots fired at home in Lower Gwynedd 43 min ago
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery
- Quick moving blaze damages house in West Philly
- Car plunges into lake in Vineland, victims ID'd
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet?
- Photos: Pictures of the Pa. Turnpike crash
- Woman's secret Santa turns out to be Bill Gates
- Temps Soar