Phila. bicycle officer struck by car
SOUTH PHILADELPHIA - April 8, 2012 (WPVI) -- A Philadelphia police bicycle officer is on the mend after being hit by a car on South Street overnight.
The officer was struck at around 1:30 a.m. near the intersection of 4th and South streets in South Philadelphia while on patrol.
He was taken to Thomas Jefferson University Hospital where he is being treated for an arm injury.
Police say the driver of the vehicle stopped at the scene.
So far there is no word on any charges.
philadelphia, south philadelphia, accident, police, local/state
- 3rd person dies after I-95 crash in Lawrence, N.J.
- Tracking Weekend Storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 2 injured in Vineland school bus crash
- No charges against officers in teen Tasering
- Berks Co. police chief faces child porn charges
- DA: Charges coming in fatal frat ritual in Poconos
- Woman admits to stealing packages from Delco homes
- 800K in danger of ID theft after laptop theft
- Suspect sought after West Philadelphia bank robbery
- North Korea executes Kim Jong Un's uncle
- DA: Woman stole $81K from Montco church
- Photos: 60 photos of Golden Globe nominees
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos