Driver killed, baby ejected in Germantown crash
GERMANTOWN - April 9, 2012 (WPVI) -- A tractor-trailer collided with an SUV in Philadelphia's Germantown section late Easter Sunday, leaving one person dead and several others injured - including a small child.
Police say it was around 11:00 p.m. Sunday when a truck hauling a cab slammed into an SUV at the intersection of Stenton Avenue and Washington Lane.
The impact killed the driver of the SUV and ejected a one-year-old baby from the vehicle.
The baby is now hospitalized in critical condition.
Four other people in the SUV are also in the hospital in less serious condition.
The driver of the truck was not seriously injured.Police are still investigating what led to the crash.
pennsylvania, philadelphia, germantown, accident, children, local/state
- Cab driver shot outside Hunting Park nightclub
- Wintry Weekend 45 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Man critically injured in Camden County crash
- 4 shot outside Delaware nightclub
- More of US expected to see snow, sleet, ice
- Pearl Harbor ceremonies marks bombing anniversary
- Teacher says he was fired because he is gay
- 2nd suspect surrenders in Christmas package theft
- Temple University cuts 7 intercollegiate sports
- Residents displaced after high-rise fire
- NKorea says it deported US tourist and war vet
- Victim ID'd in deadly Wilmington hit-and-run
- Wintry Weekend
45 min ago