Driver killed, baby ejected in Germantown crash
GERMANTOWN - April 9, 2012 (WPVI) -- A tractor-trailer collided with an SUV in Philadelphia's Germantown section late Easter Sunday, leaving one person dead and several others injured - including a small child.
Police say it was around 11:00 p.m. Sunday when a truck hauling a cab slammed into an SUV at the intersection of Stenton Avenue and Washington Lane.
The impact killed the driver of the SUV and ejected a one-year-old baby from the vehicle.
The baby is now hospitalized in critical condition.
Four other people in the SUV are also in the hospital in less serious condition.
The driver of the truck was not seriously injured.Police are still investigating what led to the crash.
pennsylvania, philadelphia, germantown, accident, children, local/state
- AG: 29 New Jersey bars swapped top-shelf liquor 31 min ago
- Very unsettled Thursday
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Faith-healing couple charged in son's death
- Names of 16 Okla. tornado victims released
- Video shows assault rifle shooting at strip club
- Skippack student may have 'voluntarily' vanished
- Philadelphia cop accused of ripping off drug dealers 33 min ago
- 1 dead, 2 injured in 'barbaric' London attack
- SEPTA police chief using Twitter to fight crime
- Body of WWII hero returns home after 69 years 7 min ago
- Police ID victim in water ice stand homicide
- Hats get women ejected from KoP Mall