Fisherman falls in water, drowns in Salem County
MANNINGTON, N.J. - April 9, 2012 (WPVI) -- The fisherman who drowned in Salem County, New Jersey on Monday morning has been identified.
The victim has been identified as 39-year-old Benjamin Z. Mei of Brooklyn, New York.
The incident happened around 10:40 a.m. in the area of Market Street and Route 45 in Mannington Township.
Investigators say Mei was fishing with two friends when something fell in the river and he tried to retrieve it. He fell in the water and, not knowing how to swim, drowned.
His body was recovered a short time later.
new jersey, salem county, drowning, local/state
- Nelson Mandela dies at age 95
- Wet to Wintry
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Nelson Mandela: Through the years
- Police raid alleged chop shop in North Philadelphia
- Restaurant owner slashes robber with sushi knife
- Feds accused of targeting minorities in stash house stings
- Center City rape victims speaks to Action News
- Surveillance: Christmas packages stolen from home
- Christmas decoration theft caught on camera
- Fmr. Marine's murder suspect held on $2M bail
- Photos: 21 suspects ID'd in Collingdale drug sweep
- Arrest in theft of Porsche part from Walker crash