Fisherman falls in water, drowns in Salem County
MANNINGTON, N.J. - April 9, 2012 (WPVI) -- The fisherman who drowned in Salem County, New Jersey on Monday morning has been identified.
The victim has been identified as 39-year-old Benjamin Z. Mei of Brooklyn, New York.
The incident happened around 10:40 a.m. in the area of Market Street and Route 45 in Mannington Township.
Investigators say Mei was fishing with two friends when something fell in the river and he tried to retrieve it. He fell in the water and, not knowing how to swim, drowned.
His body was recovered a short time later.
new jersey, salem county, drowning, local/state
- Man critically injured in Willingboro hit, run 19 min ago
- Breezy And Mild!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Malaysian leader: plane's disappearance deliberate
- Elderly woman crashes into Toms River law ofc.
- 2 couples robbed at gunpoint in North Philly
- Fire forces 11 people from their homes
- Driver crashes SUV into pole in East Falls, DUI suspected
- 3 people injured in Roosevelt Boulevard crash
- Renovation competitors fight at Phila. fire scenes
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- Authorities: Chris Brown arrested on warrant
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos