Coroner: Pa. girl, 2, dies after falling into tub
NEW HOLLAND, Pa. - April 11, 2012 (WPVI) -- Officials say a 2-year-old girl is dead after falling into a large feed tub where her central Pennsylvania family kept pet fish.
Lancaster County Coroner Dr. Stephen Diamantoni says the girl apparently fell into a 16-gallon tub outside the family's Earl Township home Tuesday afternoon.
Officials say medics called to the scene found the girl in cardiac arrest. She was pronounced dead at a hospital.
New Holland police say the girl's death appears accidental. They have consulted with county prosecutors and no charges have been filed.
Diamantoni says an autopsy will be performed.
pennsylvania, child death, drowning, local/state
- Missing Philadelphia couple found safe
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain 22 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett to announce Vatican trip
- Police identify mystery hit-and-run victim
- Officers drive into hail of gunfire in N. Phila.
- Shots fired into a Philadelphia firehouse
- Retired Philly cop charged with assaulting teen
- Police: Gloucester Co. woman's death a homicide
- Video: Secret Oreo cookie recipe sold to China
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: Wedding of cop, teacher at Flower Show
- Video: Obama misspells "R-E-S-P-E-C-T" in Aretha... 4 min ago
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain
22 min ago