Coroner: Pa. girl, 2, dies after falling into tub
NEW HOLLAND, Pa. - April 11, 2012 (WPVI) -- Officials say a 2-year-old girl is dead after falling into a large feed tub where her central Pennsylvania family kept pet fish.
Lancaster County Coroner Dr. Stephen Diamantoni says the girl apparently fell into a 16-gallon tub outside the family's Earl Township home Tuesday afternoon.
Officials say medics called to the scene found the girl in cardiac arrest. She was pronounced dead at a hospital.
New Holland police say the girl's death appears accidental. They have consulted with county prosecutors and no charges have been filed.
Diamantoni says an autopsy will be performed.
pennsylvania, child death, drowning, local/state
- Arctic Blast and Possible Weekend Storm 43 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- PennDOT clears roads of snow, preps for ice
- Limo driver charged in wreck that killed newlyweds 54 min ago
- Police search for burglar targeting Philly restaurants 52 min ago
- Police: Mom was DUI in chain-reaction crash
- Possible abduction caught on camera in Spring Garden
- No bail for 2 charged in Philly collapse
- Obama hails Mandela as "last great liberator"
- $344M Mega Millions numbers drawn
- 6 missing adults, children found alive in Nevada 51 min ago
- Photos: Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2013 (Photos)
- Arctic Blast and Possible Weekend Storm
43 min ago