Police seek witnesses to Schuylkill Expressway killing
FAIRMOUNT PARK - April 11, 2012 (WPVI) -- Pennsylvania State Police are looking for witnesses to a homicide on the Schuylkill Expressway last weekend.
On Wednesday, police released a picture of the car 29-year-old Kareem El was driving when he was shot and killed early Sunday morning.
Police are looking for anyone who may have seen that car before the killing as the investigation continues.
The crime happened just before 3:00am Sunday morning in the eastbound lanes near the Montgomery Drive exit.
Police say the suspects drove up beside El's vehicle and fired multiple shots.
El was shot at least one time in the head.
Officials say the victim's car continued to travel on the Schuylkill Expressway for sometime after he was hit and later crashed into the center median.
A passing officer was flagged down by a passenger inside the vehicle. Medics arrived and El was pronounced dead a short time later.
Authorities say it appears El was targeted.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 215-560-6200.
philadelphia, fairmount park, schuylkill expressway, shooting, accident, local/state
- Building under demolition collapses in Old City 1 min ago
- After a Cold Night, Temps Rebound 35 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Police: Coatesville man died before fire began
- NJ charges 4 with false Sandy aid applications 20 min ago
- After 6 days, Malaysian jet mystery still unsolved 13 min ago
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- 7th body recovered after NYC explosion 27 min ago
- Philadelphia Zoo welcomes 2 new tiger cubs 57 min ago
- Video: Man punches boy, 8, steals his iPad
- Building under demolition collapses in Old...
1 min ago
- 7th body recovered after NYC explosion
27 min ago
- Philadelphia Zoo welcomes 2 new tiger cubs
57 min ago