Surfer found dead at the Jersey shore
DEAL, N.J. - April 12, 2012 (WPVI) -- Authorities are trying to identify a surfer found dead along a jetty at the Jersey shore.
Police spotted the man face down off the Roosevelt Avenue beach in Deal on Wednesday afternoon.
Police Capt. Earl Alexander tells the Asbury Park Press police pulled the man ashore to see if they could revive him.
He's believed to be between 35 and 40 years old.
Information from: Asbury Park Press
new jersey, monmouth county, body found, local/state
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed 15 min ago
- 3 frigid days, another weekend storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- On video: Robber dives thru window, attacks clerk
- Woman killed in Germantown was Villanova prof.
- Limo driver charged in wreck that killed newlyweds
- Pa. girl, 18, survives bear attack 54 min ago
- Man shot, killed on Kensington street
- Cab driver carjacked in South Philadelphia
- Mega Millions jackpot climbs; $1M ticket sold in NJ
- Pope Francis 'Person of the Year'; popularity surges
- Fake deaf interpreter crashes Mandela memorial
- Bedbug fighter recalled over fire hazard 51 min ago