Surfer found dead at the Jersey shore
DEAL, N.J. - April 12, 2012 (WPVI) -- Authorities are trying to identify a surfer found dead along a jetty at the Jersey shore.
Police spotted the man face down off the Roosevelt Avenue beach in Deal on Wednesday afternoon.
Police Capt. Earl Alexander tells the Asbury Park Press police pulled the man ashore to see if they could revive him.
He's believed to be between 35 and 40 years old.
Information from: Asbury Park Press
new jersey, monmouth county, body found, local/state
- 2 dead in separate police involved shootings
- Showers, thunderstorms today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- AG: 29 New Jersey bars swapped top-shelf liquor
- Video shows assault rifle shooting at strip club
- Allentown fire crews find body in burned apartment
- Driver injured in crash involving Delaware fire chief
- NJ man accused of defrauding FEMA
- Cicadas arriving in NJ in time for holiday weekend
- Jose Canseco accused of sexual assault in Vegas
- Thunderstorms slow Oklahoma tornado cleanup 23 min ago
- Faith-healing couple charged in son's death
- Finding the perfect bra