Dozens flee gas leak at Bucks Co. apartments
BENSALEM - April 13, 2012 (WPVI) -- Dozens of residents had to evacuate their Bucks County apartment complex late Thursday night because of a gas leak.
The leak was first detected at about 11:00 p.m. at the Shaminy Brook apartments on the 2900 block of Knights Road in Bensalem.
Police and firefighters quickly evacuated the complex, while firefighters and PECO crews searched for the source of the leak.
There are no reports of injuries.
So far, there's no word on what progress crews are making in finding the leak, and no word on when the residents will be allowed back into the units.
pennsylvania, bensalem, bucks county, gas leak, local/state
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Brief Surge of Mild Air
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Gas leak, evacuations reported in Frankford 57 min ago
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
- Partial house collapse in Strawberry Mansion
- 2 injured in NJ Turnpike crash in Mt. Laurel
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos