Warrants issued for aunt, uncle after baby overdoses in Philadelphia
PHILADELPHIA - April 13, 2012 (WPVI) -- The Philadelphia Police Department has issued arrest warrants for the aunt and uncle of a 9-month-old baby who died from a drug overdose last summer.
In a news release issued on Friday afternoon, police said the homicide unit has issued warrants for 34-year-old Oscar Rivera of the 700 block of E. Tioga Street and 27-year-old Viameri Santana-Berrious of the 2700 block of Helen Street.
Medics were called to the 4500 block of North 7th Street in the city's Logan section around 2:30 a.m. on July 26th for a report of a child with difficulty breathing.
The baby, identified as Milton Galarza-Rojas, was taken to Saint Christopher's Hospital for Children and pronounced dead at 3:09 a.m.
The Medical Examiner's Office ruled on Thursday that the cause of death was heroin and cocaine intoxication and the manner of death was homicide.
Anyone with information on the whereabouts of Santana-Berrious and Rivera is asked to call the homicide unit at 215-686-3334, 215-686-3335, 215-686-3336 or 911.
Find out about Breaking News as it happens. Sign up for 6abc.com Breaking News Alerts.
philadelphia, logan, baby death, drugs, local/state
- Skydiver ID'd in fatal Washing Twp. accident
- 70s Return This Week
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- $10K to $30K stolen in Target armed robbery
- I-95 reopens after car catches fire
- Person of interest ID'd in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Residents displaced after West Philadelphia fire
- 4 injured in Route 295 crash
- Camden teen reported missing
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Oscar Mayer hot dogs recalled due to misbranding
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!