Warrants issued for aunt, uncle after baby overdoses in Philadelphia
PHILADELPHIA - April 13, 2012 (WPVI) -- The Philadelphia Police Department has issued arrest warrants for the aunt and uncle of a 9-month-old baby who died from a drug overdose last summer.
In a news release issued on Friday afternoon, police said the homicide unit has issued warrants for 34-year-old Oscar Rivera of the 700 block of E. Tioga Street and 27-year-old Viameri Santana-Berrious of the 2700 block of Helen Street.
Medics were called to the 4500 block of North 7th Street in the city's Logan section around 2:30 a.m. on July 26th for a report of a child with difficulty breathing.
The baby, identified as Milton Galarza-Rojas, was taken to Saint Christopher's Hospital for Children and pronounced dead at 3:09 a.m.
The Medical Examiner's Office ruled on Thursday that the cause of death was heroin and cocaine intoxication and the manner of death was homicide.
Anyone with information on the whereabouts of Santana-Berrious and Rivera is asked to call the homicide unit at 215-686-3334, 215-686-3335, 215-686-3336 or 911.
Find out about Breaking News as it happens. Sign up for 6abc.com Breaking News Alerts.
philadelphia, logan, baby death, drugs, local/state
- 2 dead in police involved shootings
- Very unsettled Thursday
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Video shows assault rifle shooting at strip club
- AG: 29 New Jersey bars swapped top-shelf liquor
- Faith-healing couple charged in son's death
- Surveillance released in fatal Camden shooting
- Names of 16 Okla. tornado victims released
- Brutal attack in London heightens terror fears
- Man shot to death while questioned in Boston probe
- 4 Americans killed since 2009 in US drone strikes
- Finding the perfect bra
- OTRC: Critics' Choice Television Awards nominees