Camden father seeks justice for slain son
CAMDEN, N.J. - April 14, 2012 (WPVI) -- It has been nearly one month since a Camden father lost his beloved son to a vicious act of violence.
Now he's pleading with the public to find his killer.
Bruce Matthews, Sr. says his son was a victim of violent crime twice before his murder.
"He was carjacked and shot in the face," said Matthews. "Just in January of this year, he was stabbed 8 times in the same vicinity."
But on Saturday night, March 17th, 31 year old Bruce Matthews, Jr. was found stabbed multiple times at the intersection of Louis and Everett Streets in Camden, New Jersey.
He didn't survive this time.
Matthews misses his fun-loving son.
"His laughter, contagious laugh. He was just a carefree young man. I'm not trying to put him as an angel or anything like that," said Matthews. "All of these young men have their ups and downs; their ins and outs. But he was one to be loved."
Matthews was one of four people killed in unrelated incidents during a particularly violent weekend in Camden.
To date, no one has come forward with any information to help solve Matthews' cold-blooded murder.
That is why the Citizens Crime Commission is offering a $1,000 reward for information leading to an arrest and conviction. Anyone with information is asked to call 215-546-TIPS.
Matthews leaves behind a young son.
"We are showering him with love and care," said Matthews, Sr.
crimefighters, homicide, camden, new jersey, local/state
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall
- Sunny and chilly
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mutilated animal found in North Philadelphia 32 min ago
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90 59 min ago
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door 53 min ago
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge 51 min ago
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat
- Man, 22, dies after shooting in Chester
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd.
- Gunfire erupts on Delaware Ave. near SugarHouse Casino
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Vietnam says it may have found missing...
53 min ago