Fire crews investigate 2-alarm fire in Allegheny
PHILADELPHIA - April 13, 2012 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia Fire crews battled a two alarm fire in Port Richmond.
Fire broke out around 7:30pm Friday night at a vacant warehouse in the 2100 block of East Allegheny Avenue in the Port Richmond section of Philadelphia.
First responders arrived to heavy fire on the first floor. A second alarm was struck around 7:45pm.
Ladder 10 was one of the companies responding. While most of the members memorialized one of their own at funeral services Friday night, other crew members worked to extinguish the fire, helping to bring it under control within 30 minutes.
There have been no reports of injuries.
Fire officials confirm that there was a 3-alarm fire in the same building last year.
The fire is currently under investigation.
fire, port richmond, philadelphia, pennsylvania, local/state
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Slightly Cooler Sunday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ