Fire crews investigate 2-alarm fire in Allegheny
PHILADELPHIA - April 13, 2012 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia Fire crews battled a two alarm fire in Port Richmond.
Fire broke out around 7:30pm Friday night at a vacant warehouse in the 2100 block of East Allegheny Avenue in the Port Richmond section of Philadelphia.
First responders arrived to heavy fire on the first floor. A second alarm was struck around 7:45pm.
Ladder 10 was one of the companies responding. While most of the members memorialized one of their own at funeral services Friday night, other crew members worked to extinguish the fire, helping to bring it under control within 30 minutes.
There have been no reports of injuries.
Fire officials confirm that there was a 3-alarm fire in the same building last year.
The fire is currently under investigation.
fire, port richmond, philadelphia, pennsylvania, local/state
- Multi-vehicle crash closes EB Pa. Turnpike
- Temps Soar 48 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery
- Quick moving blaze damages house in West Philly
- Car plunges into lake in Vineland, victims ID'd
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport 49 min ago
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet?
- Philadelphia Police search for missing 2-year-old boy
- Photos: Pictures of the Pa. Turnpike crash
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Temps Soar
48 min ago
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila...
49 min ago