Fire crews investigate 2-alarm fire in Allegheny
PHILADELPHIA - April 13, 2012 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia Fire crews battled a two alarm fire in Port Richmond.
Fire broke out around 7:30pm Friday night at a vacant warehouse in the 2100 block of East Allegheny Avenue in the Port Richmond section of Philadelphia.
First responders arrived to heavy fire on the first floor. A second alarm was struck around 7:45pm.
Ladder 10 was one of the companies responding. While most of the members memorialized one of their own at funeral services Friday night, other crew members worked to extinguish the fire, helping to bring it under control within 30 minutes.
There have been no reports of injuries.
Fire officials confirm that there was a 3-alarm fire in the same building last year.
The fire is currently under investigation.
fire, port richmond, philadelphia, pennsylvania, local/state
- 2 dead after building explosion in New York City 25 min ago
- AccuWeather: Thunderstorms possible today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Delco 2nd grade teacher groped girls in class 43 min ago
- Montco 3rd grader hospitalized with meningitis infection
- Phila. cop charged with false imprisonment 32 min ago
- Photos: Pictures from East Harlem explosion
- Man in boxers attacks police station, cars 45 min ago
- NJ teen who sued parents returns home 37 min ago
- Pa. state senator charged with misuse of office
- Homes evacuated in Tacony for gas leak
- Co. carjacking suspect arrested after rush hour chase
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane
- Man in boxers attacks police station, cars
45 min ago