Fire crews investigate 2-alarm fire in Allegheny
PHILADELPHIA - April 13, 2012 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia Fire crews battled a two alarm fire in Port Richmond.
Fire broke out around 7:30pm Friday night at a vacant warehouse in the 2100 block of East Allegheny Avenue in the Port Richmond section of Philadelphia.
First responders arrived to heavy fire on the first floor. A second alarm was struck around 7:45pm.
Ladder 10 was one of the companies responding. While most of the members memorialized one of their own at funeral services Friday night, other crew members worked to extinguish the fire, helping to bring it under control within 30 minutes.
There have been no reports of injuries.
Fire officials confirm that there was a 3-alarm fire in the same building last year.
The fire is currently under investigation.
fire, port richmond, philadelphia, pennsylvania, local/state
- Search for Okla. tornado survivors nearly complete
- Steamy Situation
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Oklahoma Tornado: How to help and avoid scams
- Local search and rescue team helping in Oklahoma
- Hats get women ejected from King of Prussia Mall
- Rob Jennings to retire after 36 Years at 6abc
- Chesco man killed longtime girlfriend, police say
- Skippack student may have 'voluntarily' vanished
- Sleep monitors promise a better night's sleep
- Young and Howard lift Phillies over Marlins
- Video: Philly's new skateboard park opens
- Kellie Pickler named new DWTS champ