Police search for smash, grab robbers at KOP mall
KING OF PRUSSIA, Pa. - April 13, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police in Upper Merion are investigating a robbery at the King of Prussia Mall Friday night.
It happened just after 8:00pm at the Tourneau Jewelry store in the Plaza near Lord and Taylors.
Police say 5 to 6 men dressed in Middle Eastern looking clothing, smashed a display case and grabbed a number of high-end watches.
Chopper 6 was overhead as shoppers and employees evacuated the mall.
There were no reports of injuries.
The suspects remain at large. No word if the robbery is connected to other recent robberies in the area.
Officials say the common thread is that the suspects work fast, smashing glass cases and target expensive watches.The value of the stolen watches has not been released.
robbery, jewelry, king of prussia, pennsylvania, local/state, john rawlins
- Mug shot released of McNabb after Ariz. arrest 41 min ago
- Partly sunny, a bit milder today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Brandywine Park flasher surrenders
- $105,000 taken in Tacony armored car heist 21 min ago
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital 13 min ago
- Reward offered in poisoning of puppy
- 1 dead in cement truck, car crash in Levittown
- Beau Biden to run for governor in Del.
- Mom surrenders after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- Popular chocolate maker shut down by city
- Teen urinates in Oregon drinking water supply