Phila. Police arrest 1 suspect in baby overdose homicide
PHILADELPHIA - April 14, 2012 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia Police say they have arrested 34 year old Oscar Rivera.
Rivera and 27 year old Viameri Santana-Berrious were both wanted for the death of 9-month old Milton Galarza-Rojas.
Medics responding to a 911 call around 2:30am in the 4500 block of North 7th Street found the baby non-responsive and rushed him to St. Christopher's Hospital where he was pronounced dead just after 3:00am.
The medical examiner has determined the cause of death was from heroin and cocaine intoxication.
Both Rivera and Santana-Berrious face homicide charges.
Rivera was taken into custody late Friday night. Police are still searching for Santana-Berrious.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the Philadelphia Police Homicide Unit at 215-686-3334, 215-686-3335, 215-686-3336 or 911.
baby death, drugs, philadelphia, pennsylvania, local/state
- 3 frigid days, another weekend storm 29 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- Cab driver carjacked in South Philadelphia 24 min ago
- PennDOT clears roads of snow, preps for ice
- Limo driver charged in wreck that killed newlyweds
- Police search for burglar targeting Philly restaurants
- Police: Mom was DUI in chain-reaction crash
- Possible abduction caught on camera in Spring Garden
- No bail for 2 charged in Philly collapse
- Obama hails Mandela as "last great liberator"
- 6 missing adults, children found alive in Nevada
- Photos: Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2013 (Photos)
- 3 frigid days, another weekend storm
29 min ago
- Cab driver carjacked in South Philadelphia
24 min ago
- Police push burning car in New Hampshire
38 min ago