Phila. Police arrest 1 suspect in baby overdose homicide
PHILADELPHIA - April 14, 2012 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia Police say they have arrested 34 year old Oscar Rivera.
Rivera and 27 year old Viameri Santana-Berrious were both wanted for the death of 9-month old Milton Galarza-Rojas.
Medics responding to a 911 call around 2:30am in the 4500 block of North 7th Street found the baby non-responsive and rushed him to St. Christopher's Hospital where he was pronounced dead just after 3:00am.
The medical examiner has determined the cause of death was from heroin and cocaine intoxication.
Both Rivera and Santana-Berrious face homicide charges.
Rivera was taken into custody late Friday night. Police are still searching for Santana-Berrious.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the Philadelphia Police Homicide Unit at 215-686-3334, 215-686-3335, 215-686-3336 or 911.
baby death, drugs, philadelphia, pennsylvania, local/state
- Armored car robbed outside bank in Tacony
- Partly sunny, a bit milder today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mom to surrender after daughter, 11, shot and killed 43 min ago
- Police investigate serious crash in Levittown
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids 27 min ago
- Photos: Pictures from Del. River minivan plunge
- Popular chocolate maker shut down by city
- Man with samurai sword arrested at New Jersey deli 8 min ago
- Rottweiler puppy poisoned in NJ
- Teen urinates in Oregon drinking water supply 46 min ago
- Video: Parents outraged by faked kidnapping
- Photos: Adorable meerkats befriend photographer
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3...
27 min ago