Traffic cleared after Schuylkill Expressway crash
UNIVERSITY CITY - April 15, 2012 (WPVI) -- State Police were called to the scene of a motorcycle crash on the Schuylkill Expressway, that caused a number of traffic delays.
It happened around 5:15 Sunday morning in the westbound lanes of the highway near 30th Street.
Authorities say a motorcyclist lost control of his bike and crashed.
No word what caused the man to lose control.
Originally traffic was being directed off at University Avenue.
The crash has since been cleared and traffic has disbanded.
The accident remains under investigation.
philadelphia, university city, schuylkill expressway, accident, local/state
- Photos: AccuWeather Maps: Snow arrives tonight 41 min ago
- Snow will turn the ground white again! 42 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mike Schmidt reveals skin cancer battle
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator
- Crimeans overwhelmingly vote for secession
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash
- Police: Man strikes own brother in hit and run
- Delaware man suspected in 14 different thefts
- Berks County man stabbed to death in Bahamas
- 1 wounded in Lakewood drive-by shooting
- Book 'em! Wilmington cop donates books to kids
- Snow will turn the ground white again!
42 min ago