Woman set on fire, thrown from car in NE. Phila
NORTHEAST PHILADELPHIA - April 15, 2012 (WPVI) -- Authorities say a woman was set on fire and thrown from a vehicle in Northeast Philadelphia.
It happened around 11:30 a.m. Sunday on the westbound off ramp of Woodhaven Road towards Route 1.
Initial reports indicate that the woman in her 40s was set on fire - possibly with a blow torch.
The victim was taken to Temple Hospital's Burn Unit with 2nd and 3rd degree burns to her chest and arms. Officials say she is expected to survive.
Authorities say it appears a domestic dispute led to the incident.
Parts of Woodhaven Road were shut down as police investigated.
philadelphia, northeast philadelphia, fire, local/state
- Video shows assault rifle shooting at strip club
- Warm and humid, 80s again today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Skippack student may have 'voluntarily' vanished
- AG: 29 New Jersey bars swapped top-shelf liquor
- Philadelphia cop accused of ripping off drug dealers
- Police ID victim in water ice stand homicide
- SW Phila. shootings possibly connected to bar fight
- Hats get women ejected from KoP Mall
- Report: FBI agent fatally shoots Tsarnaev associate
- D.A.: Girlfriend's murder in Chesco 'an execution'
- Okla. residents come home to pick up the pieces
- Rob Jennings to retire after 36 Years at 6abc