Woman set on fire, thrown from car in NE. Phila
NORTHEAST PHILADELPHIA - April 15, 2012 (WPVI) -- Authorities say a woman was set on fire and thrown from a vehicle in Northeast Philadelphia.
It happened around 11:30 a.m. Sunday on the westbound off ramp of Woodhaven Road towards Route 1.
Initial reports indicate that the woman in her 40s was set on fire - possibly with a blow torch.
The victim was taken to Temple Hospital's Burn Unit with 2nd and 3rd degree burns to her chest and arms. Officials say she is expected to survive.
Authorities say it appears a domestic dispute led to the incident.
Parts of Woodhaven Road were shut down as police investigated.
philadelphia, northeast philadelphia, fire, local/state
- ABC News: Possible security breach at Target
- Winter Warm Up
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Police search for suspects in religious store robbery
- Jewelry thieves target Montgomery Co. open houses
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Police: Man shoots self on SEPTA bus
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del.
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Upper Darby's Chitwood reflects on career
- Video: Soldier returning from Afghanistan...
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed