Classmates remember teen killed in Gloucester Co. crash
WASHINGTON TOWNSHIP, N.J. - April 15, 2012 (WPVI) -- Friends consoled each other Sunday night, at the site where a deadly crash took the life of a South Jersey teen.
Flowers and pictures lined the curb at the Washington Township intersection where 18-year-old Nikki Killenyi was killed.
The Washington Township High School senior was a passenger in a car that collided with a pickup truck around 11:40 p.m. Saturday. Killenyi, who was sitting in the car's back seat, had to be extricated from the vehicle.
Classmates held a vigil to remember Nikki and to try to make sense of the tragedy.
"You hope in the end that something positive comes out of a tragedy like this, if it just means that as a young person you realize how fragile life really is," Washington Township High School Principal Joe Bollendorf said.
The car's driver and another passenger, along with the pickup truck's driver, were treated for undisclosed injuries. A passenger in the pickup was not hurt in the accident.
The cause of the crash remains under investigation.
The Associated Press and Gloucester County Times contributed to this article
new jersey, gloucester county, accident, local/state
- Delaware County mail carrier accused of theft
- Rain Moves Out, Cool Winds Blow In
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Faith-healing couple held without bail
- Police: Woman who hit teen was DUI, reading text
- Deadly crash on I-295 in Mercer County, N.J.
- Tractor trailer crash jams traffic in Chesco
- Sex offender arrested in Del. child porn bust
- Jersey shore reopens for 1st post-Sandy summer
- Philadelphia man sentenced in shaken baby death
- 4 men sought in West Philadelphia armed robbery
- Wash. I-5 bridge collapse caused by oversize load
- Healthcheck: Dealing with poison ivy