Suspect accused of firing at Pa. police caught
WYOMING, Pa. (AP) - April 15, 2012 (WPVI) -- State police say an armed robbery suspect accused of having fired shots at a northeastern Pennsylvania trooper has been captured near Philadelphia.
Police in Luzerne County say 29-year-old William Gronosky Jr. was captured Sunday morning in Montgomery County.
Authorities said earlier that Gronosky fired two shots at a trooper who tried to stop him early Friday in Plymouth Township.
A chase ensued but ended when officers called off the pursuit about 10 miles away near Shickshinny. The trooper was not injured.
Investigators say Gronosky was wanted in connection with armed robbery at a strip club last month. Another man also wanted in the robbery was also captured.
pennsylvania, luzerne county, philadelphia, police, shooting, montgomery county, local/state
- Break dancers spark controversy on SEPTA trains
- Snow likely Sunday into Monday 51 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
- Paulsboro residents warned of contaminated water
- Pit bull found shot in NJ continues to recover 42 min ago
- Missing plane: Piracy theory gains more credence
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- 3 injured in 2-alarm fire in Holmesburg
- Teen father arrested for biting nose off infant
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Snow likely Sunday into Monday
51 min ago