Man arrested in robbery, assault of 94-year-old woman
RHAWNHURST - April 15, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police have announced an arrest in the robbery and assault of a 94-year-old woman on Easter Sunday.
29-year-old Antonio Santiago of the 2200 block of Kennedy Street was arrested Sunday and charged with robbery, aggravated assault, and related offenses.
According to authorities, the elderly woman was walking home from Bells Corner Supermarket on the 8300 block of Loretto Avenue in the Rhawnhurst section of Philadelphia at 2:10 p.m. on April 1st.
Police say Santiago approached the victim from behind and grabbed her pocketbook, pulling the 94-year-old to the ground.
The elderly woman suffered a broken arm and multiple cuts and bruises resulting from the robbery.
The incident was caught on tape.
Santiago was arraigned on Monday and was ordered to be held on $200,000 cash.
The Citizens Crime Commission had offered a $1,000 reward in this case.
philadelphia, northeast philadelphia, robbery, local/state
- Photos: AccuWeather Maps: Snow arrives
- Snow is turning the ground white again! 38 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app 23 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Woman, 98, injured in Powelton high-rise fire
- Mike Schmidt reveals skin cancer battle
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator
- Crimeans vote to leave Ukraine, join Russia
- March Madness: Villanova, St. Joe's, UDel all in
- Delaware man suspected in 14 different thefts
- NJ salon customer allegedly attacks employees
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash
- Book 'em! Wilmington cop donates books to kids
- Snow is turning the ground white again!
38 min ago